Terms of Service in Plain Language
I’m only human and, as such, cannot guarantee that nothing on the website will be (unintentionally) incorrect or offensive. I certainly can’t control the content of other sites I link to, or that link back here. Therefore, I hold no responsibility for any negative consequences of your use of the site or the information and/or links contained within it. You take responsibility for your use of the information, as well as for protecting your computer against any potential viruses, etc. The site is designed for users over 13. I ask that others respect copyright and, to the best of my ability and knowledge, I respect others’ intellectual rights, so if you believe I’ve violated your copyright, please contact me so I can respond accordingly.
Necessary Legal Jargon
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by R Ramey, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Responsibility of Website Visitors. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive or objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may (unintentionally) also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
2. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which we link, or that link to us. We do not have any control over those websites and webpages, and are not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, we do not represent or imply that we endorses such website or webpage.
You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of other websites and webpages.
3. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by theBibleStudySite.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
4. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from R Ramey to you any of our or third party intellectual property, and all rights, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with us. All content, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with theBibleStudySite.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of R Ramey. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of our or third-party trademarks.
5. Changes. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
6. Termination. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website or contact us to cancel your account. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Our suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither R Ramey nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event will R Ramey, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. We shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to any matters. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless R Ramey, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
11. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between R Ramey and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by R Ramey, or by the posting of a revised version to this site by us. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Virginia, United States, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Frederick County, Virginia.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; we may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.